Article written by realestate.com
Selling a property is a big financial transaction, so it’s worth considering using an expert. Even if you have the experience and the resources to ‘go it alone’, doing so can be expensive and extremely time-consuming.
Real estate agents sell properties for a living and their wealth of experience can be invaluable. Additionally, using an agent also gives you legal protection. An agent will:
• Provide a realistic indication of the value of your property
• Help you decide how to sell your property, whether by auction, asking price or tender
• Organise, attend and record prospective buyers at open for inspection days
• Manage enquiries about your property
• Provide access to more potential buyers via their own prospect database
• Handle sale negotiations on your behalf and strive to achieve the best possible result
• Advise on and coordinate the marketing of your property, including preparation of flyers, floor plans and photography
• Prepare a professional advertising schedule designed to generate the most exposure for your property to attract the most potential buyers
• Prepare a Contract of Sale
• Provide guidance on conveyancing, legal and financial services
• Finalise the sale through a solicitor or conveyancing specialist
Selling privately may significantly reduce the number of buyers your property is exposed to as private sale listing websites rarely have enough property stock to attract and retain serious buyers.